- Imagination Park donated to the town of San Anselmo by George Lucas is located in the heart of downtown. Residents can enjoy a gelato amid the statues of Yoda and Indiana Jones.
- Vintage walkable downtown with small town feel.
- Hiking with friends and family at Phoenix Lake and Baldy.
- Summer nights watching kids baseball at Memorial Park and enjoying dinner and drinks at Pizzalina and The Hub.
- The perfect outfit awaits at amazing clothing shops like Kismet and Blanc and retail innovator Longway
- Kids go crazy for annual events like Country Fair Day where Stormtroopers from Star Wars take to the streets and the carnival like Festival of Fun held annually at St. Anselm School.
- Movie night in the park by San Anselmo Creek during the summer. Bring your picnic blanket, fried chicken and your favorite Rose.
- No need to head to the city for date night, restaurateur Ron Siegel’s Madcap provides a refined dining experience using fresh and local ingredients
- Stop by Hilda’s George Lucas’s favorite breakfast spot for a good old school pancake breakfast.
- Evening walks to dining hotspots like Cucina, Insalatas, Marinitas, Sushi 69 or Taco Janes to name a few.
People move to San Anselmo for the amazing weather, easy access to trails, good public and private schools, the charming downtown and great family neighborhoods. While it is one of the further towns in Southern Marin from the city, it remains a desirable destination for people who want to live an outdoor lifestyle and with a focus on family activities. Comforts is the hub of the food scene in San Anselmo with their famous Chinese Chicken Salad and Chicken Okasan and MH Bakery usually has a line out the door for their coffee and artisan bread. Much like downtown Sonoma, the town has a Western feel from a bygone era and collectors flock to many antique shops. San Anselmo is an ideal place to raise a family and partake in the small-town lifestyle with the vast Marin county open space for your backyard.
AVERAGE HOME PRICE