Another great alternative to living in the big city is the easily accessible town of Corte Madera. With a population of approximately 10,000 people this town has two distinct experiences, the charming old downtown and several incredible outdoor shopping centers, The Village and Town Center. These suburban malls are probably some of the nicest shopping centers you will ever see with lovely courtyards, restaurants, play areas for kids not to mention the gorgeous brand new Restoration Hardware flagship store with rooftop restaurant. So if you want to have the convenience of all of your favorite brand names just a hop, skip and a jump away then Corte Madera might be the ideal introduction into suburban living. With bike paths, and creeks and lovely hillsides and some water view properties there is a nice variety of landscapes to choose from. The hill at the base of the town is called Christmas Tree Hill because back in the day the lights on the homes leading up to the top of Mt. Tam took the shape of a well lit Christmas tree. Corte Madera town park is a popular destination on the weekend with sprawling lawns, several chilrdrens’ parks, soccer fields and bike and strolling paths. Chapman Park is one of the most desirable neighborhoods for real estate with its East Coast influenced architecture, tree lined streets and convenient access to the shopping centers and the freeway.
AVERAGE HOME PRICE
AVERAGE PRICE PER SQ. FT.
Our Favorite Things About Corte Madera
- Corte Madera is home to two large shopping centers, The Village and Town Center. Both of these shopping meca’s are buzzing with locals!
- Get out doors with great views while hiking Ring Mountain or the octopus trail.
- Susan Houser’s cult following at Now Power Yoga
- Dine under modern spanish decor and sip fantastic margaritas at Flores
- Gather with friends and play with families at Corte Madera Town Park
- The iconic restoration hardware restaurant on the top floor of their gallery was designed to frame Mt. Tam perfectly.
- Looking for a quick pick up meal, Amy’s drive through is among one of Marin Counties limited drive throughs
- The historic Marin Joe's restaurant that is known for their martini’s and table side cesar salad
- A Marin favorite Burmatown! A mother daughter duo cooking up their family recipes is a Marin culinary favorite.